Saturday, 18 April 2015

Thursday - Kilometre 3932

16 April 2015

05:25

 

Big  day as we are now passed the half way point from Beijing to Moscow, and here is the kilometre marker to prove it.

 


As we expected we are seeing a lot of trees interspersed with  small scruffy communities of wooden  houses, and large scruffy communities with blocks of flats and big factories. But the immense scale of the place is difficult for us small island people to grasp. On the map you can see  that the nearest sea is 1500 miles away , but I find it hard to accept that the rolling hills I can see 20 miles away on the horizon are different from the Kilsyth hills I can see on the train to Edinburgh. We have been traveling for 3 days from Beijing and we still have 3 days to go to Moscow…It is just an enormous, vast, massive lump of land  and that is what is worth experiencing , even if it is too big to see and comprehend.

No comments:

Post a Comment